Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 3 of Potty Training

Friends,
This is a monumentous day. Mr. Little Man woke up completely dry with no accident overnight!!!! Do you hear that?! It sounds like the heaven’s are opening up and angels are singing. Exaggerate much? I know. Moving on. Most people say when your kid starts waking up overnight dry that you can take it as a sign to start potty training or whatever. Mr. Little Man has not ever woken up dry to my recollection. Again, rejoicing at our house! I think we will bake cookies today. :)
He did have a minor success with Daddy this morning and then let a big ole accident fly. The key today I think will be fully emptying the bladder. He is still learning and we have got the day to do it! (And tomorrow if need be).
The above paragraphs were written in the morning and by the afternoon we had decided that this was placing too much stress on our little guy and have decided to cease and desist with the potty training. Guess what? The follow day I went to the ped to have him checked out and it turns out the kid has a double ear infection. Can we say bad time to potty train?!!? How did I miss this, you ask? I asked myself the same thing. The poor little guy did not tug at his ears at all, he had no fever, and his nose (while runny) was a clear runny (therefore, no need to concern especially in the absence of any other symptoms). Sometimes there are no good signs and we miss it. The doctor thinks he may have allergies and his ears are not draining properly and, boom, ear infection. I know there were air quality alerts, so this is not out of the realm of possibility. I feel terrible having stressed out Mr. Little Man when he was sick, but I did not know and I have to forgive myself and move on. We do this a lot as parents.
My conclusions shall be in the next post.
Blessings on your journey,
R

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment!