Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Working out the kinks

Hi friends!

After a month off I have made another return to the gym! Does it seem to you too that I make a lot of returns? Ok, just wanted to make sure I was not entirely crazy. The sickness merry-go-round in our house seems to be over (Please, God, let it be over!!!) and now my goal is to get back to the gym consistently three-four times a week like I had been doing. Two down for the week!

I have been reading an extremely good book lately. In it the author is talking about your relationship with your husband. One of the points she made was what are you doing to make yourself attractive to your husband? Um, isn't that kind of personal, lady? The reality is that half of all marriages in this country end in divorce and, depending on the source, it is 70% of marriages in Maricopa County end in divorce. Yikes! So, that is a fair question. Remember when you used to make a huge effort to look like a knock-out for a date? Do you remember going on dates?! Some of you are thinking, yes, before kids and jobs took over our lives. I get it--I really do. My husband's hours change daily depending on the economy and that is incredibly hard on family life, but I digress.

This got me thinking. What have I been doing to make myself attractive to my husband? Well, my husband thinks I am the most beautiful woman in the world and has always (yes, I said always) made me feel that way when he looks at me. I am truly blessed. However, when I feel good about myself and how I look it does a lot for me in every aspect of my life, not just the personal part (vague enough there, parents?).

One other point the author made was that not taking care of yourself is selfish. Um, what? Go with me. If you haven't bathed in a week you are not as likely to want to go outside your house and take your children to the park or on a date with the hubs. Tell me I'm wrong. You have less energy to give of yourself generously in all your relationships when you do not work out. I am on that crazy train that likes to work out because of the energy boost and good endorphins you get.

So, not taking care of myself and my health is detrimental to my relationships and it is selfish. That is not the person I want to be. Chalk up another reason to work out and eat right!

Love and blessings on your journey today!
R

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment!