Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Ever used a Magna Doodle as a pillow?

Hello one and all!

Greetings and salutations! I hope you all have had fun-filled happy days!

I made it a goal today to do no chores or house work or the like. Today, I was devoting my day to play. It worked out pretty well! I've been cleaning and keeping things clean because of all the family/vacations/holidays recently that I felt a bit disconnected from my children. Tell me I'm not the only one this happens to, please! I got everything ready for my spa event that I was helping out with last night and planned on playing with my children all day! Now, it would have helped if I'd been able to fall asleep before one in the morning, but I digress. 

We had a great day! We watched some wonderful children's programming after waking up (love, love, love SuperWHY!), ate breakfast, played, took naps, played more, ate more food, and played more! I even got a load of laundry done. I wouldn't have done it, but I've been putting it off and my kids were running out of clean clothes... Eep! lol I even attempted coloring with my one year old son and three year old daughter. My son only was successful in eating part of one crayon. Success, baby!! Then we played tea party on our rug. Things got interesting. My Princess is still learning to share and do cooperative play with her brother, Mr. Chaos (who, as a one year old little man, doesn't have a clue as to what we are trying to accomplish--teachable moments, love 'em). Well, there were some tears, but I think overall progress was made! Happy day.

Then tiredness hit mommy. For whatever reason I was feeling very, very homesick for Minnesota last night and couldn't sleep. Last time I look at the clock it was after one am. One of Princess's favorite games is tucking us in for naps and singing and giving kisses and telling us it's time to be quiet (can you tell what I do with her?! lol). I laid down on the floor for just a second to stretch (our tea parties get long... amazing I don't have to use the restroom every fifteen minutes after so much tea!) and she jumped up to get a blanket to cover mommy for nap! My head landed on the Magna Doodle (or Doodler, as I like to call it) and it was surprisingly comfortable. I could feel the urge to drift wash over me. WHOMP! Mr. Chaos body slammed me (he's about thirty pounds now, people, which is freakin' huge for an almost 14 month old), giggled, and pulled the blanket down to peek-a-boo me. Nap time was over! Tickles and laughter ensued for all. I do love these days.

I sure do have a lot of dishes to do--tomorrow! I encourage you to take a day of play and get on the floor and get outdoors and play with your children. The dishes, laundry, shower scrubbing can all wait until tomorrow.

Share your stories with me! I love reading your comments!
Blessings,
R

1 comment:

  1. Playing with my kids is the best investment of time I've ever made!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment!