Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I have a list

Hi y'all,

I have a list of things I want to get done most every day. However, I would not categorized myself as a Type A personality. Do you know why I write lists? Because I am a crazy person called a mom. I am no longer single and just having to take care of myself. I am no longer just married to another adult who is relatively self-sufficient. I am a mother. I take care of an entire family. They depend on me to get things done. I have so many things rattling around in my head that they get lost in the dark recesses and may not be found until a week past their expiration date. I have to organize and prioritize my time every day because there is so much more that I am responsible for accomplishing.

We make most of our meals at home these days. No, it is not entirely a budget thing. No, it is not entirely a we-want-to-eat-only-healthy-foods thing. The reason is that my husband is allergic to monosodium glutamate or MSG. It is in a surprising number of foods. He gets violent, debilitating migraines that land him in the ER and on superman-like narcotics. I digress. This week we forgot to put chicken nuggets on our list for shopping even though I had made a mental note that we needed more because that is one "meat" we can consistently get Mr. Chaos Little Man to eat. If it is not on my list it usually gets forgotten and discovered at the most inconvenient of times. Like tonight. At least he likes peanut butter sandwiches now. *Pause to insert big smile here* He is definitely my son. Anyone who knows me knows I am a peanut butter addict. I own it. He is totally my kid, hehe.

So, I write lists. I need to mail a package. Put it on the list. Oh, we are almost out of pull-ups because potty training is not really happening. Put it on the list. I want to start my running schedule again. Put it on the list (and then move it to the next day and then the next day because my list is just too long right now). I need to read that chapter before the meeting. Put it on the list. If it is not there then I probably will not do it. Write a blog? Put that on my list.

How do you keep yourself organized?
Blessings,
R

2 comments:

  1. Lists are great when you are out and about, all of a sudden you can cross 3-4-5 things off in an hour or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nice post I enjoyed reading it. Can I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!

    Thanks!

    Joel
    JHouston791@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment!