Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Good news!

Hi friends,

Remember how I kept putting off my visit to the doctor for my ankle in hopes that it would continue to get better, but it plateaued and has not gotten better? Weeeeeeellllll, I went to see him today and got some good news!

At this point my issue is re-building strength in my leg and ankle again and I will be doing four weeks of physical therapy. He said I should be right as rain by then. I see him again in two weeks and he said I probably would not be at 100% by then, but I would be a lot better. Here is my only reservation: he was a cocky, know-it-all who made me feel stupid for not coming there sooner. I really wanted to say bite me, big stupid ninny. Or, well, something to that affect. I am just happy to know that I was correct in thinking that at this point it is mechanical/muscular. I need some expert help to fix this problem and I am getting it. A little late, yes, but at least I am doing it, jerk! :P

That is what is new in our corner of the world. How about you?
Blessings,
R

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that p.t. will help. Sounds like you need a new doctor. I get so frustrated by docs with bad bedside manner. Just because we didn't go to med school and possibly put off coming to see them (I hate copays) it doesn't mean they get to talk down to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 2 cents...a professional should never make you feel like an idiot! Find another one who supports you and in more in tune to your needs.

    Oh and I'm glad to here a little physio is going to do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with ModernMom. I've had some doctors treat me like this before and it makes me sooo mad.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment!