I have been looking for ways to cut costs here and there and one way I thought I might do that was to make my own laundry detergent! After talking with a few friends who make a lot of their own laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, etc. I decided it was worth the try. If I hated it then I could pass along the stuff I do not use to them. Let me first say that I love my Melaleuca laundry detergent, but it is spendy when I have to use extra because Mr. Fantastic Husband Man has a job that gets his clothes double dirty. So, my friend Morgan over at Becoming Homegrown said her recipe was posted on her blog. I used it and I have to say I am liking the results so far! I am on my second batch of the stuff and we shall see if I continue to love it. That being said a few of my MN peeps asked if it worked if I could share it. This is posted over at Morgan's blog, but I am stealing it to post here as well.
Oh, and I did the math, and if I did it correctly with all my conversion, etc., this is ridiculously cheap!!! Like seven cents a load, y'all!! So, use a little extra if you like. On Morgan's blog there are pictures as well. I was not that nice to think of taking pictures of the process for you. You can sift through over there if you want pictures. :) I also added a splash of lavender essential oil to have the clothes smelling lavender-y. It was strong in the soap, but by the time I had dried the clothes I could just faintly smell it. From Morgan: