Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

And now, back to the show!

Hello all,

So we've been having a couple very interesting days around my house! I got my monthly visitor for the second time in about two years and barely slept (but I went out yesterday to find out if Midol makes a PM formula and, cha-ching!, they do!) and then my daughter got sick about 5:15 am and then daddy was called into work about five hours earlier than normal and it was raining (in Arizona!!) yet again (this is so not normal, but I do love it!) and life happened. Like my run-on sentence? It's time to get back to our regularly scheduled programming, or a more routine routine. :)

Yesterday was not one of my more shiney days as a mommy. We watched a lot of PBS kids. Anyone else love SuperWHY? :) Today has not been a shiney day in my mommy book either, but daddy is definitely filling that roll today. I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband. I married the most amazing man on the planet. You can try to disagree with me, but you'd be wrong (and I'm very biased and I don't care, lol).

Moving on, my eating plan went out the window yesterday. I incorporated some of my regular menu choices into what I ate, but went outside of it in a major way. I love peanut butter toast. It is my ultimate comfort food. :) I also went to In & Out for dinner. I'm not ashamed and I'm not letting this completely derail me. We are back on track today. And I will go back to a workout tonight. Here's something I know and you probably do too:

Just because one day doesn't go according to plan doesn't mean you chuck the whole plan. You just turn around the next day and get back to routine. No need to be discouraged or get down on yourself! Life happens and you need to move beyond measuring yourself against a perceived standard (set up by your expectations or the world's expectations) and live life.

So here are my questions for you: What standard(s) are you setting up in your life that are unrealistic and that you want to move beyond? What do you do when life doesn't go according to plan? What gets you back on track?

Feel free to comment!
Blessings,
R

P.S. I absolutely love my hobby! This one isn't for sale, yet (I might just keep it, tehe). Check out my Etsy store for others I've made. There's a button on the right----->

1 comment:

  1. Super Readers, to the rescue! Haha, I had to laugh when I read that part... Ailsa, my little girl, loves that show =P Anyways, I've been meaning to comment and let you know that's I've been following along. I've been trying to lose weight, too after have 2 kids... it's hard! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment!