Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day by day

Hello all!

So yesterday was the second day of my new plan and it was relatively easy again. Instead of ham in the morning I substituted a handful of peanuts because I was out at my MOPS (Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers) meeting and I knew ham wouldn't keep until my snack time. It was a little difficult to say no to all the yummy breakfast foods brought in by all the MOPS mommies. I wanted to cheat, but I didn't do it! :)

Chicken again for lunch and dinner! If you are going to do this you will have many opportunities to try different ways of preparing chicken-especially if you don't care for fish like me. I did have a second handful of peanuts, which is a no-no apparently, but I think it'll even out. And mixing the metamucil and drinking it all down right away is definitely the way to go.

Ok, I'll admit it; I did cheat. I was filling Easter Eggs for the MOPS Easter Egg Hunt with some nerd jellybeans and I ate three of them. They were little! Now I know some of you are thinking, "Well, you can cheat a tiny bit like that--it's not like you ate the whole bag!" And you are right. However, I don't want to continue to make little compromises here and there until my new plan is a long buried and gone from my consciousness. I have decided that after these first two weeks are in the books I will be opening a bag of Starburst jellybeans I got (they only make them at Easter time & they are my favorite!!) and have a couple every day. This will be an exercise in willpower. I will tell you if I fail and eat the bag in one sitting, but I don't plan this eventuality. So, yes, I do believe that most things are fine for you in moderation. It is just having the willpower to exercise moderation in a society that tells you more, more, more and do it because it makes you feel good.

I took the kids on a stroller ride for about thirty minutes last night which they thoroughly enjoyed. Owen loves watching the cars and Ella likes standing, sitting, and walking along.

Good, productive day at our house doing laundry, cleaning bathroom, dishes, and cleaned kids' room!
I hope and pray the same for you today!
R

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE starburst jellybeans, they are awesome . .well I truly love any kind of jellybeans LOL Congrats on the good day! Mine went well today so far, got another work out in and now off to work cows which will be an extra bonus of cardio(gate to gate etc.)and strength training(making sure the calves get in/stay in the shoot) so a bonus for the day. I am so sore! Hope your day is going good!

    Trina Sue

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment!