Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Choices, choices, well, one choice anyway...

Hello all!

Some of you have left very kind comments on my facebook page regarding this blog and I'm so grateful for you! You are a great encouragement to me.

The topic I want to discuss is my limited food choices. I started to get just the tiniest bit bored with chicken for dinner on day two. Now that I'm on day five I've progressed to semi-dreading lunch and not even wanting to contemplate a dinner of chicken, yet again. Apparently, days three-five are some of the toughest. I can tell you that I've been finding that I'm very bored with chicken, even though I've been using different spices to, erm, spice it up. So, I asked my nutrition plan coordinator when I could incorporate green vegetables. Please, oh for the love of my sanity, please let it be soon! I got the go ahead to eat broccoli, 3 pieces of asparagus, cucumbers, and spinach! I'm really looking forward to my shopping trip to pick up these items, as well as more chicken *insert some sarcasm here*.

The one thing that has helped is the fact that I can have eggs OR yogurt for breakfast. I get a choice! I do like having a choice-we all like having choices. This is what I try to do for my daughter so she feels like she has some control over her life. I've read that this helps to eliminate fights between parents and children. It seems to work at my house. The fact that it generalizes to me as well shouldn't be surprising.

I had an interesting food day yesterday because I RAN OUT OF CHICKEN! I totally thought I had another pack in the freezer, but I was mistaken. What to do? I ended up grilled two pieces of high-fiber bread with my SmartBalance butter and a slice of cheese in the middle. I tried to think of what I was allowed to have and make a meal of of it. Volia! Then, since I didn't have time to make it over to the store (life with children), I ate scrambled eggs for dinner. My daughter then wanted to share her ice cream with me. I tried to get her to share it with her grandma, but she wouldn't have any of it. So I took one bite, and it was reallllllllllly good, and then stopped. I wasn't craving more, however, I was able to enjoy my one bite. :)

I've also enjoyed workouts the last couple days in the gym. Nothing working out within your target heart rate for 30-40 minutes! ;)
Blessings to you!
R

P.S. Check out my new Etsy store! There's a button on the right-hand side! And you can now follow me on Twitter! What fun! :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Good luck with your new journey. Diet and exercise isn't the easiest thing to change but well worth it. Keep up the good work and stay away from the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from SITS! Enjoying your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, I like the new color for the blog, very pretty. I hate it when I run out of something I "know" I still have LOL Yay for some vegis and the workouts!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment!