Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Progress report-STAT!

Hello friends!

How are all of you doing today?! I am fantastic! Just thought you'd like to know. I did zumba tonight instead of this morning because I picked up my dad from the airport during that time. We are having a great time having him here with us. We've already picked up the much-anticipated princess bike and my little girl is a pro! Ok, not quite yet, but she is well on her way. She hopped on the bike in the store and just started riding. All that practice when she was littler and fit on the littler bike paid off, ya'll! :) She fell down a couple times when she leaned too far (mostly in turns) but started to figure out her limits within that half hour we were able to squeeze in riding before dinner. :) I'm such a proud mommy, can you tell? I really adore my children, especially when they aren't whiney or crying. tehe!

Ok, so zumba was a great workout tonight. I am finding I really like this "dance" class. :) I still want to try cycling so if I can ever get a copy of the class schedule I will be trying that next! Tips?? Tricks?

I had my mom pass on an "OMG" comment to me about looking so fabulous. And now we have another lassie who wants to take a swing at this new eating plan. Another one down and another one down... I'm rather excited by this compliment. People are noticing. This makes me want to jump on the scale and see what it says (yes, even though it is not the best measurement of progress, it's one of the easiest to obtain :P).

Anyway, at the end of the month I will be posting pictures of myself. This will kind of be the starting point for all of you, but this will be me about 3 months back into seriously working out and about 5 weeks into this new eating plan for me. Sound good? Great!

I can tell you that after my son was born a little over a year ago I weighed 214 (AHHH!! I know, right?!). In January I weighed in at 193 (not great for weight loss, but terrible). The reason I didn't go back to working out like a mad woman to lose the weight was that I was nursing and they tell you not to diet or lose a bunch of weight as it can really interfere with producing enough for your baby to eat (did I put that delicately enough? lol). So losing 21 pounds during the first year isn't too bad for progress I'd say. :) And it doesn't really matter in the grand picture because it can't be changed now! ha

So, I'm very excited to see what I weigh in at and to see if I met my MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) goal I set for myself of losing 20 pounds during the MOPS year (which, until this last month, was while I was still nursing). I was around 200 at the beginning of the MOPS season so my first goal is 180. Next goal will be 160. I haven't figured out where exactly I'll land and much more weight loss will start to get difficult after that because I will be building muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat so at that point the scale pretty much becomes useless and then I have to go by how loose my clothes are. :) If you didn't know, now you do!

Thanks for sticking in through that long post!
Blessings,
R

P.S. I get to have green veggies tomorrow!!!!
P.P.S. So my grandma in MN made me fresh peanut butter cookies yesterday and sent them down with my dad especially for me because she knows how much I love them. I was super, super, super tempted to throw in the towel and just start over again. Grandma's cookies are almost worth it. Almost, but not quite. I'm committed and I'm not starting over yet again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment!